Oil free Compressor
Starting at: ₹21,250.00
Starting at: ₹11,500.00
Dental Chair + Compressor
Oil Free Compressor 1 H.P
OIL FREE Compressor
Starting at: ₹12,000.00
Dental Air Compressor
Starting at: ₹17,743.00
Oil Free Compressor
(Showing 10 Item(s)) 10 Item(s)
Buy Dental Air Compressors Online in India
DENTAL AIR COMPRESSOR:
The dental air compressors may not be the most attractive piece of equipment in a dental office. However, they are a vital to running a dental practice since they power most of the important tools used by dentists. Dental air compressors produce compressed air that is used directly inside the patients’ oral cavity. The air turbine in the airotor handpiece, chair valves, delivery units, scalers and the three-way syringe use this compressed air produced by the compressor. The air compressor must be purchased having various factors in mind since the compressed air has direct contact with the patient and any form of contamination is undesirable. Thus, the requirement of high quality when dealing with dental air compressors is highly essential. Selection of a good quality air compressor can help build a credible practice while poor selection can potentially harm patients by exposing them to pathogens. Although a specific type of air compressor does not guarantee a pathogen free environment, the best air quality can be a scale to gauge the functionality and safety of the equipment.
Importance of quality dental air compressors:
Cleaner the air compressor, safer are your patients. That is the most important criterion when it comes to choosing a dental air compressor. Dental practice is filled with risk of exposure to various microbes. Poor quality of air produced by an average quality dental compressor and improper maintenance creating a moist environment for machine parts can be a breeding ground for danger.
According to an executive agency of the Department of Health in the UK, there are two specific requirements for dental air compressors, to ensure a reduced risk of contamination and improve instrument efficiency:
- The produced air should have an atmospheric dew point no less than -20oC.
- The filtration system should ensure:
- Dust filtration – down to 1 µm with DOP (Dispersed Oil Particulate) efficiency no less than 99.97%
- Bacteria filtration – down to 0.01 µm with DOP efficiency no less than 99.9999%
Selection of a good quality air compressor can enhance safety for the patients and help protect the dental practice, by reducing the chance of disease caused due to contamination. Moreover, use of high quality compressed air can drastically improve the efficiency of instrumentation which subsequently enhances the dental practice as a whole.
Things to consider when selecting a dental air compressor:
Purchasing air compressors might be tricky. Here are a few points that might aid you in selecting the right compressor for your practice:
The size of the compressor is an essential criterion to consider before selecting the one for your clinic. For this, knowledge of your air consumption is required. The air consumption is determined by the number of operatories that will be in use at a time. The capacity of the compressor is the output in cubic feet per minute (cfm)
- Rule of thumb – Each chair needs 2 cfm approx.
Selecting the right sized dental compressor is important, as it may have significant effects such as,
- Too small a compressor – pressure drops when too many people use the air at once
- Too big a compressor – if it is so big that it runs only 5 minutes a day, corrosion can occur, as it does not get a chance to run for a while and heat up. This affects the performance of the compressor
Thus, considering the size of you practice, number of operatories and frequency and density of usage are important factors to consider when selecting the size of the compressor.
The duty cycle of a compressor is the percentage of time that it can run without cooling off. The common design of limited duty cycles in compressors affect the capacity and reliability of the equipment. For example, if a compressor is said to have a 30% duty cycle, it means that it can run for 18 minutes in an hour and not 3 hours straight in a 10-hour long day.
When comparing two compressors with the same capacity the one with the higher duty cycle runs more than the variants with lower duty cycles, without affecting the service life. On the contrary, compressors with lower duty cycles if run for the same amount, will have a significant decrease in service life.
Quality of Air:
The quality of the compressed air depends on two things:
- Inlet air
- The compressors addition to the inlet air
The system must comprise of high quality particulate filters to remove any dust and pathogens. When using lubricated systems, inclusion of reliable coalescing filters is necessary to ensure patient safety. The addition of a dryer in the compressor can help in removal of moisture. There are two types of dryers used in compressors:
- Refrigerated compressed air dryers – gives a pressure dew point of 2oC. This means that below 2oC water condensate forms inside the equipment. This dew point can be good for tools at a workshop but is not low enough for dental use
- Desiccant compressed air dryers – create a low-pressure dew point, as low as -40oC.This ensures that the relative humidity and the absolute amount of water in the air (expressed in g/m3) is also low.
Number of heads:
Air compressors consists of heads, housing one or more pistons. There are single headed and multiheaded designs. A general misconception is that the machine with a multiple heads design has a built-in backup. This is refuted, because, when a multi head compressor has an improperly functioning pump, the other heads cannot ensure proper functioning of the compressor. When comparing two machines of equal quality, the one with more moving parts has a greater failure probability. Single headed designs, generally last longer. They are also designed for higher efficiency and a greater duty cycle, which allows them to take on more demanding workload. Multiheaded units might not be able to handle these situations.
Lubricated vs. Oil-free compressors:
In older times, dentists had no choice but to buy compressors with oil-lubricated systems. The problems with oil lubricated compressors are the potential of oil entering the patients mouth, facilitate dirt and most importantly bacterial colonization in the equipment. Even the filters used with these systems were not 100% reliable. They become much less effective when they get old and require replacement.
Oil-free compressors have a major advantage of eliminating the chance of oil in the compressed air system. This creates clean compressed oil-free air. The only limitation to oil-free compressors corrosion. In lubricated systems, the oil acts as a protective film inside the air piping and receiver. However, use of galvanized or stainless steel air receivers and plastic compressed air piping eliminates the problem of corrosion.
Other important factors:
- Since the dentist has many other things to deal with on a regular basis, a maintenance free compressor would be ideal
- They should be installed in a clean area and should run on standard 220V
- Heads must be made from quality materials that remove heat
- Finned cylinders and presence of large cooling fans are desirable
- Components design must facilitate service and not dictate replacement. Teflon antifriction coatings for example reduce piston wear.
- Even wearing of the coating might necessitate replacement. The alternative method is the use of replaceable Teflon guide sleeves and compression rings. These last for years and are not as expensive as replacing the piston or head assembly
- Good vibration isolation to prevent loose wires and fittings.
- Compressors must conform to ISO an ASME guidelines.
What are the brands selling dental air compressors online in India?
Brands such Schulz, Ariel Gentilin, Tornado, Confident, Clinic Blue Line, Surident, Sknray, Denfort, Bestodent, DINT-Tech and many others sell dental air compressors online at Dentalkart.com
Why buy dental air compressors online from Dentalkart.com?
The best quality air compressors from the best brands can be found at Dentalkart.com. With the best prices for dental equipment and products, Dentalkart has the widest range of dental supplies in India. All the products sold are of high quality and are 100% genuine. There are various payment options available to suit every dentist in the country. With free delivery on orders over Rs.2500 and reward points on every order, Dentalkart offers best value for your money.